Friday, June 29, 2007

Better Than a Burlap Sack. . .

If you are anything like me, you are constantly trawling shops to find that perfect place that sells things that are so you. Somewhere that you can always find something you'll love. Well, I haven't found that place in my town, but thanks to the magic of the intarwebs, I found plenty of things to brighten up my wardrobe.



This is Black Chandelier's Key Dress. I love victoriana and ephemera (and dresses!) so this is a perfect fit for me.




And since it pays to be prepared for chilly nights, they also have cute cardigans. (Yes. That's an owl up there. Can you beat it?)



I can never have too many striped socks.
"Really?" you might ask.
I mean it. You should see my sock drawer(s). The secret? I have an army backing me. Ok, well, not really. But every girl can dream! These are my favorite socks. Ever.



Not the traditional horizontal stripe, but stripey nonetheless, the knit pattern (Yep. Not printed. Knitted.) looks like vintage lace and seams. Fabulous with slip dresses, or cute skirts and mary janes.

For those days (or parties) when you need that extra edge, there is always Locher's . They have 16 designs, all guaranteed to shock and/or insult.
Love it.

Needing a less, um, forthright top? Supermaggie's has printed tees featuring some of my favorite things: bugs, plants, and octopi. Ahhhhh. Octopi.









All set? No?
If you need some basics as well, go here. You didn't hear it from me, and if you ask me later I will deny it. Well, I might not, but let's keep this between ourselves, shall we? A lady should always have a few secret weapons. Happy trawling!






No comments: