Thursday, June 28, 2007

Little, White, and Orbular

I am usually not one for flocks of stuff dotting my interiors. I like simple, uncluttered spaces. But recently, I have noticed what I can only call a collection of white ceramics lurking on my tabletops and shelves. How did this happen? Am I going to wake up in a house filled to bursting with glazed vases? (And would that be such a bad thing? I could open a shop!). But with the fabulous bounty available online, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I was, however, able to trace the origin of this pernicious habit back to it's source.


When I was in Berkely a few months ago, I bought one of these --

for ten dollars at ACCI gallery. It was on sale as a second, but it looked perfect to me. (See? It starts with a simple, inexpensive purchase, and then grabs you like a pervert on a subway)

A few weeks later, I stumbled onto the sculptor's website.

I love her birds! She also has bowls and plates for those of you with less need for flower storage. If you already have your credit card out, or even if you don't, you should probably take a look here and here.
Also based in California is Kenneth Wingard Ceramics.
(California will be the death of my bank account. At least when I move there I will be spared shipping charges.)
I'm sure most of you have seen the orb planter at Sprout Home. The entire line is also available at Perch, including this cute Apron Vase:

So many vases, so little room! Having a monkey on your back isn't all bad.
(Down, monkey! Down!)

No comments: