Thursday, July 12, 2007

Speaking of Upskirts. . .

Have you ever noticed how many upskirt shots there are in Miyazaki movies? Not that I dislike it, I'm jusy saying it's odd. Especially for the younger audience they are aimed at . Kiki's Delivery Service has so many, you could turn it into a drinking game. Just a thought.

Aaaaanyway, what I really wanted to tell you about was this:
This belonges on Cute Overload.



It reminded me of Lain's bear pajamas, which is what got me thinking about anime, which led to the whole upskirt thing. . . you can start to see how my mind works. I haven't met a whole lot of people who have seen Lain. It's a 14 part series about the nature of reality and consciousness and how the internet interfaces with both.


Okay, so it's a hard plot to summarize. But it is really fun to watch, even when it gets a little weird, especially at the end. . .but I won't spoil it for you. If the the creation of the intarwebs is even vaguely interesting to you, you will love this. Then you can make your friends watch it with you and have those existential conversations that last until 4am. Or at least until the wine runs out.

No comments: