Friday, July 13, 2007

If Alfred Hitchcock Could See Us Now. . .

Let's face it. We are a nation obsessed with birds on stuff. Like any trend, I am hesitant at first to see just how far people will take it. But, happily, most of these bird-themed items are surprisingly restrained and sophisticated. Like this owl pendant from Petaline:

She has several different iterations on this inlaid wood/engraved wood theme. Just lovely. I would wear this with everthing!

The best part is, all this avian accessorizing fits perfectly with the floral silhouette motif found on just about everything else. Don't pretend you don't know what I mean. I'm looking at you, Etsy.

I really love this bedding at Amenity. And if I ever get to the point where I would spend $400 on a duvet, you all will be the first to know because I will have won the lottery and be updating this blog from the south of France.


Now, if I could only figure out where this cephalopod trend is going. . .

No comments: